Bon Voyage!

Today I wanted to create a cute card using some penguin stamps. I started off this card thinking it would be a birthday card, but it turned into a farewell one.

I started by stamping and colouring in my penguins with alcohol markers.

Next I die cut a circle from my front panel. I then inked up a piece of laminated sheet (I used this for most of my inking work as it is a nonporous surface.) with Distress Ink in Broken China.
I used a water-brush to pick up the colour and apply it the the circle. I also used a combination of Tumbled Glass and Weathered Wood using the same method. I kept adding colour till I was happy with the result.




I let this dry naturally as I didn't want it to curl. Once dry I stuck this as well as my penguins onto a blue top-fold 250gsm navy card. I then drew and coloured in some balloons. I carefully mounted my white panel (the one with the circle cut-out) on top of my navy card.

 I then used some scrap paper and hand wrote 'Bon Voyage' on it and mounted this onto the same navy coloured cardstock. I stuck my sentiment onto the top of my white panel, as well as my balloons, using sticky square foam mounts.

For the string of the balloons I used a very thinly cut piece of paper which I folded and stuck behind the top penguin's wing and behind each balloon. To finish I stuck some crystal stickers onto the front of the card.

A super quick card, and a super quick blog entry. Thanks for reading and see you next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twist Pop-up

Green Birthday Card

Pop & Lift Card