Art Journal - I Believe



Today I felt like playing around with watercolours and just having a bit of fun. I used canvas paper today, which I later stuck into my art journal, as the journal pages are not thick enough for soaking.



I wet down my page and ensured that the paper had soaked up all the water before starting. I slowly added colour from four watercolour paints. I continued to add colour and wet down the page until I was happy with the coverage.

Next I had to let it completely dry on it's own. I could have used a heat tool, but I wanted as little warping of the paper as possible.

While I waited for the paper to dry out I jumped onto the computer and looked for free images I could use, or something that would spark an idea for my art journal. I love Disney so when I saw this free clip-art I knew I had to use it today!
It made me think of 'clap if you believe in fairies'; and so I also decided I wanted to have some writing on there. I printed out a copy of the clip-art then carefully cut out the two main images. (I did manage to cut a finger off Tink.) I also grabbed out some old chipboard letters to use.


Next I painted some shimmer over the cutout images and chipboard letters using Reeves Iridescent Medium. I used too much on my images so I went back over them later with black watercolour paint (undiluted) and added some coloured glitter glue for highlights.





At this point my page was dry enough for me to move on and work some more on it. I used the same iridescent medium and a stencil to add more texture and sparkle onto my art journal page. Once this was set I used spray adhesive to stick all my elements on.

I felt like something was missing so I decided to add a subtle blended frame. To achieve the look I wanted I used Ranger Distress Ink in Picked Raspberry and blended all my sides into the page. I still wasn't happy with Tink's wings at this point so I went back in with a green glitter glue just over her wings.



Overall I think this is one of my favorite art journals that I have created of late.  I had fun creating it and anything Disney makes me happy; so all around a good creative day here. Thanks for stopping by and I'll catch you again soon.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Birthday Card

Twist Pop-up

Art Journal - Stop and smell the flowers