Art Journal - Tweet, tweet



Hi all. I thought I'd share an art journal that  I just created. Art journalism is a new concept to me so sorry if it looks awful. It's a 'learn as you go' thing for me. I've done a few I like and some not so much. Feeling undecided about this one. I may have to have another crack at a similar theme in the future.

When I start a new journal page I never know where it will take me so I never plan anything before hand. I usual pick colours and away I go. I like to say that 'colour is my muse.'

For today journal I started by spraying my page with acrylic and water mixed paints.Once I was happy with the colour and drips I sprayed a sliver acrylic paint very lightly over the top to add shine.

Next I went over the page with black gesso and a floral stencil to add texture and dimension to the background. (I used a little too much in a few places!) While waiting for this to dry I moved onto cutting out some flowers using my Sizzix Bigz flower die and two other random flower dies in my collection.
I used scraps of patterned and glitter paper for my flowers. I don't think I would use the glitter paper for another project like this tho. It just felt like those flowers were out of place. I adhered them to my page using 3M Spray Adhesive. (Quick and easy!)


  Next I drew some odd-looking birds and used the same acrylic-water spray to colour them in. Using an orange alcohol marker for their beaks. Yep, I used that super sticky spray adhesive for them as well.

Next I used black alcohol marker to draw some super long legs and added a bit of shading using orange paint.I would not do this again!! I ended-up having to go over them with black paint as I went all over the place with my markers. (for next time one word: RULER!) Next I tried to add shading to the bottoms of my birdies. I used too much paint and then tried to wipe it off and made an even bigger mess of it. Ah well, like I said it's 'learn-as-I-go' process when it comes to art journals.



I used a scrap piece of paper and hand wrote a line from the song 'Rockin' Robin.' Next I used some Ranger Distress Ink in Broken China and Picked Raspberry to go over some flowers and add some shading to the background.  Well that's it for me. While I'm not particularly fond of this art journal entry I still love my colour choices, ideas and most importantly I had fun.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Birthday Card

Twist Pop-up

Art Journal - Stop and smell the flowers