Birthday Card / Industrial Grunge

 Quick and fun grunge/industrial look birthday card. This card was so easy and fun to make. It took me about 10mins to construct. I was pleasantly surprised at the final result as I had not planned any of the design elements before I stared. Sometimes the best ideas come from not planning. Learning to go with the flow and letting the work itself guide and inspire you. I hope this gives you  some inspiration.

To construct this project I used smooth white card stock for the main imagery, light blue for the card it's self and the sentiment cutout.

First I used my Ranger Distress Inks in Mermaid Lagoon and Vintage Photo to create the background colours. To do this I placed some ink on my craft mat and spritz with a shimmer spray; then I picked up the colour on my paper. (I did this twice with each of the two colours; letting them dry in between.)

Next I embossed the paper using a cogs themed 3D embossing folder and my Spellbinders Platinum 6 machine.

I then went over just the edges of the card front with Ranger Distress ink in Walnut Stain. This helps add a framing effect as well as bringing focus to the center of the card.

Lastly I stamped out my sentiment using the same Walnut Stain ink pad and running the edge of the sentiment cutout also over the same ink pad. (Again this frames and brings focus to my sentiment.)

To construct all my elements onto my card I used double sided adhesive and craft foam to add dimension and height. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Birthday Card

Twist Pop-up

Art Journal - Stop and smell the flowers