Celebrate!


 Today I felt like making a card using bits and pieces from my scrap folder. I have so many it's ridiculous! So maybe it's time to try using scraps first and allowing them to inspire the project.

I did however use new white 300gsm card-stock for the front panel and charcoal card-stock for the card body.

First I blended 3 Ranger Distress Inks, (Seedless Preserves, Vintage Photo and Dusty Concord), together to get a soft clouded look.

Next I ran my panel through my Spellbinders Platinum 6 with my Damask Flourish Embossing Folder.

I found a stamped Celebrate tag in my scraps and adhered a piece of left over brown ribbon the the back to create my sentiment. I then stuck this onto my front panel and  wrapped the ribbon ends around to the back; securing them on the back with double-sided tape.

Then I die cut a champagne bottle and glasses from scraps of sliver card-stock. I ran them through my Xyron Creative Station Lite to make them easier to stick to my card.

 Once everything was stuck onto my front panel I stuck 2 pieces of craft foam to the back of the front panel and then adhered that to the front of the card body.

I love the final result tho next time I would use lighter background colours. I hope this gives you some ideas about using up the scraps you have. I will endeavour to use scraps where I can first from now on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Birthday Card

Twist Pop-up

Art Journal - Stop and smell the flowers