DIY Bookmarks



Today I wanted to create something different. I didn't feel inspired to do any art journalism or to make a card. I want to say at this point that this is a short craft project and super simple to make.

 I wasn't sure what I was going to be making, but I started off by stamping a cute wee dragon from the Magical Dragon by My Favorite Things. I used alcohol markers to colour in my dragon. Then I added metallic touches to his horns and wings. Next I added green glitter to his belly to add a bit more interest to the image. At this point I was stuck. I have a cute dragon, but what am I going to do with him?



 I was looking at my embellishments and saw my giant metallic paperclips and yes I had a green one. So my dragon will become a bookmark!

Form here I I cut him out and stuck him onto another piece of 250gsm white cardstock. I did this because when you use alcohol markers the bleed towards the back of the page and I didn't want to see this from the back side of the bookmark. I waited till the blue had dried and cut him out again.

Last of all I used super glue to stick him onto the top end of my paperclip. Once dry he was ready to be used! OK so it's not going to be a super sturdy bookmark, and won't last for ever, but could be a fun project for kids to do or even as a added extra to a book your gifting.

I enjoyed this quick craft so much that I and went ahead and made a coffee cup bookmark as well. I think next time I would use my Xyron to laminate the image before gluing it to the paperclip. This may help it last a bit longer.
Of course you could use all sorts of things to create cute bookmarks this way. Fake flowers, photos, free online images, stickers..... Just make sure you use a metal bonding glue. I hope you guys try this one out and how cute does that dragon look sticking up from inside a book?! That's it form me for now. Have a great days and thanks for stopping by.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Birthday Card

Twist Pop-up

Art Journal - Stop and smell the flowers