Fintastic Card





Today I felt inspired to create a mermaid card. I wanted to keep it simple, but I wasn't sure what sentiment it would have. After riffling through my stamps I found one that read 'you're fintastic'. I used a piece of 300gsm card I had left over from another project and a navy card base I had in my scrap folder.  

First I inked and stamped out my mermaids tail using Ranger Distress Inks. I did this twice; first using Mermaid Lagoon and then again over the top with Picked Raspberry. To ensure I stamped in the same place I used my Tonic Studios Stamping Platform. Then I just stamped the mermaids top half and the sentiment with black Archival Ink.
Next I coloured in my mermaid using cheap inks and a water colour brush. I wanted to keep her looking simple and very light toned at this stage.


Next I went in with an all over light blending of two blue toned Ranger Distress Inks. Tumbled Glass first all over, yes even over my mermaid. Then Salty Ocean on the top third and outer edges of the card. I slowly blended the darker colour around and into the card leaving the mermaid with just the lighter ink colour. I did this to create a focal point and highlight the mermaid.







I used water in a spray and gave the card a quick spritz and  dried it off. And of course my shimmer spritz over this to add sparkle. Once this was completely dry I stamped bubbles by using Tumbled Glass and Weathered Wood inks. Next I went back in with a green ink (Cracked Pistachio) On the bottom and on two sides of the card to add more depth and really frame my mermaid.


To finish off the mermaid I went in with my water colour pen and Picked Raspberry Ink to add highlights to her hair and tail. Lastly I added a few light blue-green mini adhesive diamantes, from Rosie's Studios, over a few bubbles. Lastly I mounted my front panel onto craft foam and then onto the card.

I think it turned out pretty good. Next time however less bubbles!
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a fintastic day!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Birthday Card

Twist Pop-up

Art Journal - Stop and smell the flowers