Flyby Dragon


For today I wanted a simple and cute card so I decided to use the Magical Dragon set from My Favorite Things.

 

To start off I cut two pieces of 250gsm smooth white cardstock the same size. I then blended a blue sky background onto one piece using a combination of Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans distress inks by Ranger. Next I die cut two clouds out of the coloured panel and die cut a large square window out of my second piece of cardstock.

Next I stamped out a cute dragon and some flames using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black. I used Tumbled Glass to add a subtle amount of colour over all three stamped images. (I did this so when I cut out my images I wouldn't have a white background/outline.)



Next I used alcohol markers to colour my images and then I cut them out. I also stamped out the sentiment 'Here's a BIRTHDAY Flyby' onto a scrap piece of green card. (Luckily it matched my dragon.)
I then used a combination of craft foam, foam strips and foam squares on the back of my cutouts. I first placed my white frame on top of my blue sky background. Next added on my dragon, a fire cloud and the sentiment. (I decided not to use the smaller fire cloud as it didn't look right next to my sentiment.)

I felt like my card needed an extra point of interest; so I used Wink of Stella in clear to give the dragon and the fire cloud some glitter. Then I thought I would also make my clouds sparkle so I put some glitter onto my card body; in the areas that the clouds would be on top of.

Lastly I used craft foam to adhere my front card design onto 300gsm white cardstock. I made a top-fold for this card as I felt it looked better with this design. Well that's it for today's card. Off to have a coffee now. Thanks for flying by!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Birthday Card

Twist Pop-up

Art Journal - Stop and smell the flowers