Paris, je t'aime


For today's "craft time" I just wanted to do something a little bit girly. I was thinking about the travels I have done in my life and this is what sparked my inspiration for today. Paris is one place I'd love to revisit in my lifetime and I have many found memories of being there with all my extended family. With that being said; let's get into how I created today's card.

I used Ranger Distress Inks in Walnut Stain and Seedless Preserves. I first placed Walnut Stain onto my craft mat and sprayed it with water. Next I pressed my card panel into the ink. I continued this until I was happy with the amount of colour. I then repeated the same process with my Seedless Preserves Ink.

 

Then I stamped some blossoms onto my panel using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black. I should have stopped at about five stamped images, but I got carried away.

Next I jumped onto the computer and typed up the word 'Paris' over and over again till I had enough I could use on top of my front panel. Once printed I drew the outline of the Eiffel Tower on the back of the paper and cut out my image. I felt like it need more structure; so I also did a quick cutout from some scrap card and stuck it on top of that. I gave the image a quick spritz of glitter to add shine (sorry you can't see it in the pictures) and used glue to stick this onto my coloured panel.


I decided to use pink cardstock for the main body of my card so my Eiffel Tower image would stand out even more. To adhere my front panel onto my card I used double-sided tape runner and white craft foam.

I love this super quick card, that could be used for multiple occasions, and will defiantly be making more of them. What travels have you been of that you could use as inspiration? I think I'll defiantly be doing a few travel inspired works this year. Well that's it from me today. Don't forget to hit the Follow link and thanks for reading.































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Birthday Card

Twist Pop-up

Art Journal - Stop and smell the flowers