Shake-It




This week I've been creating and practicing making shaker cards. It has not worked out more times than it has. I tried a whole range of window ideas and of course I managed to get glitter everywhere! That being said I love how some of them turned out and I will continue to practice making shaker cards. Practice makes perfect right?? I'd love to have some cute holiday ones to send at the end of this year so gonna keep practicing these throughout the year. (As you can see lots of them are Christmas themed. Love me some Christmas spirit!) I'm gonna do a very quick run through of just one of the cards today. So let's go....

To start with I die cut a snowflake border on an angle from 250gsm pearlised white cardstock. I then glued blue glitter card behind it. (This will become the back of my shaker window.) I popped this into a clear cellophane bag and glued it shut.

Next I cutout a window from the front of a 300gsm white card. Then I stuck a piece of cello bag, cut down to just bigger than the window, behind the window (inside of the card) with double sided tape. I then built up my shaker walls using craft foam and the same tape. (The foam was stacked two high.) Then I added in all my bits and pieces into the window and stuck the back of the window on.

Next I used another piece of pearlised card on the inside to cover up the window and make the inside of the card look clean. I die cut and stuck a few blue snowflakes onto the front. I also die cut my sentiment and a larger snowflake for the inside of my card. To finish I used a few stick-on gems in the center of all the blue snowflakes.

Well that's it from me for today. I hope you got inspired to make a few shaker cards and thanks for reading.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Birthday Card

Twist Pop-up

Art Journal - Stop and smell the flowers