Simple and Quick


Sometimes I just don't feel like spending a lot of time being artistic or crafting. Days like today I would much rather just watch a few movies and hang out with my dog. So I thought I'd practice techniques instead. However, I did decided I might as well make a quick card and ended up making a greeting card and a small gift tag.

I used 300gsm smooth white card stock for the main body of my card and 250gsm smooth white cardstock for the front panels.

First I cut two identical front panels slightly smaller that my card base will be. I decided to try using embossing as a resist for my inking. I have never tried this before so wasn't sure how it would all work out. It was a lot simpler that I thought it would be and also fun!
First I used a floral motif clear stamp and Ranger Clear Embossing Ink Pad. Next I covered my stamped image with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I used my heat tool to heat set my embossing powder. Once That was complete I blended two Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers and Evergreen Bough) over the embossing. I used a tissue to try and wipe off any ink from the embossed areas.

Next I die cut a circle window from my second panel. I wanted the embossing and ink work to be the main feature of my card, but also wanted to keep it looking simple and clean.

I stamped 'Best Wishes' onto this panel and used foam mounting squares to adhere it on top of my coloured panel. I loved how simple this looked, but I wanted a little something else. I found a set of Rosie's Studio Christmas embellishments I hadn't used and stuck one flower onto the green embossed panel with a few petals spilling over onto my front white panel.

 I had a scrap strip of paper left so I quickly cut this into a small square gift tag sized card. I blended Evergreen Bough onto the front. I then used a stencil and Sheer Shimmer Spray in Frost. This give the front a very subtle image and the back a little glitz! Then I just stamped 'smile' on the front. So simple and quick I defiantly will use this technique again to whip up some gift tags from my scraps.





Well that's it for me. Time to go hangout with the dog. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Birthday Card

Twist Pop-up

Art Journal - Stop and smell the flowers