Too early for Christmas Cards?


It's the weekend and the sun is shining so I didn't want to spend a lot of time on today's card. (LOL It shows!!) I was trying to decide what I felt like creating and I came across this super cute stamp set by My Favorite Things. So I decided to whip up a quick card. I know it's way to early to think about Christmas, but I love Christmas. I start my planning by August and If you know me you know I always try to go bigger every Christmas season. I'm sure you'll see a lot of Christmas themed cards from me throughout the year and maybe they'll inspire you to get organized early for the holiday season (only 9 months to go).

First I cut out three windows from a piece of card. After that I blended Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Ranger Distress Inks onto the top half of my cut out panels. (Yes I bent two panels while blending, oops!)

Next I used a white gel pen to draw some snowballs onto the blue section of the cutout and went over them with Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen.(Sorry looks like the camera didn't pick up this detail very well.)

I then stamped and coloured in some images from MFT 'Happy Pawlidays' set. I also added some glitter to each image with my glitter brush pen.

After all my elements were ready I used glue tape to mound the three panels onto dark blue card; and then used double-sided foam tape to mount the panel with the three windows. I made sure to line everything up as I went. Then I used foam squares to stick my images onto the card and tucking most of them just behind the windows. Of course I also needed a sweet Christmas sentiment so I stamped out 'Happy Pawlidays' in the middle window.

It's not the best, it's not the worst, but it's cute. That being said I'm off to play with a real puppy.  Hope you all have a happy weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Birthday Card

Twist Pop-up

Art Journal - Stop and smell the flowers